Some helpful advice for starting prepared for your trip to Sri Lanka...
- The visa can be done online on the dedicated website at a cost of $35 and is valid for 30 days (extendable), or at the airport, paying $40 with your credit card, but often do not work the POS.
- The mosquito repellent skin in Sri Lanka are very rare, but no the mosquitoes!
- The electric diffusers of anti-mosquito, both in platelets and liquid, are on sale in supermarkets and are effective, because tested on site.
- The wet wipes are not found in Sri Lanka.
- For power outlets do not need to bring an adapter, but it's enough to bring a pen, try it!
- Except in the big hotels, this is rarely the hair dryer in the bathroom.
- In pharmacies in Sri Lanka you can find almost all the medicines consist of the active principles, have them with him, however, guarantee immediate use.
- Sunscreens are not widespread and costly.
- Upon arrival at the airport you can buy a phone number Sinhalese for ten euros, within good credit. Phoning home in this way is cheap especially if you call landlines, but also call mobile phones is convenient.
- You do not need to change money in dollars, the exchange rate with the rupees Sri Lankans also does well with the euro and bank counters at the airport are quite affordable.
- Clothing should be light, only in the mountains is no need for piles and long trousers for the evening and early morning. I'm not like tank tops and skirts or pants above the knee for visits inside the Temples and shrines in general. Stay in the sea there is no restriction. Useful comfortable sandals and a pair of sports shoes for walking. Remember hat and sunglasses.
- In the local restaurants, you can eat any food without having problems, but it is still recommended, drink only bottled water sealed.
- The tips, in general, are welcome, but never required.
- Regarding any medical prophylaxis to follow, we recommend that you consult your doctor who will advise you about how to behave.